Sunday, February 6, 2011

Pecan Pie

I was introduced to thie recipe when one of my parent's neighbors brought dinner over when we were at their house. This delicious pie was dessert, and the neighbor was nice enough to share the recipe. Pecan pie is one of my both husband and dad's favorite pies, so I usually make this a couple of times a year. It is very easy, which makes it even better. My husband actually doesn't really like the Marie Callender's version of this pie (no offense Marie, we love many of your other pies), but he loves this one.

Pecan Pie

3 eggs
2/3 c. sugar
dash salt
1 c. dark corn syrup
1/3 c. butter, melted
1 c. pecan halves
9 inch unbaked pastry shell

Beat the eggs with sugar, dash salt, dark corn syrup, and melted butter. Stir in pecan halves. Pour into unbaked pastry shell. Bake on a cookie sheet (I've had it spill over the edge before) at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes, until a knife inserted half way between center and edge comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment