Sunday, February 6, 2011

Chocolate Silk Pie

Yet another recipe from my sister Kathy. (I never realized how many of my favorite recipes came from Kathy. I owe her!) This is rich, but is so chocolatey (I know that's not a word) and sooo good.

Chocolate Silk Pie

1 c. sugar
3/4 c. softened butter
3 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted and slightly cooled (I usually stick it in the fridge for a few minutes.)
1 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs (I saw an updated version of this recipe, that said to use 3/4 c. refrigerated egg product instead of eggs since they stay raw in this recipe. I've done that, and it turns out just as good. So if you're worried about egg safety, you can go that route.)

Beat sugar and butter at medium speed for 4 minutes. Stir in chocolate and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time on high speed, scraping bowl after each one. Put in a single pie crust (any kind you like - my favorite is Oreo). Chill 5-24 hours. Top with sweetened real whip cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment