Saturday, February 12, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven are one of my favorite treats. I am somewhat picky about cookies, however. In general, I do NOT like crunchy cookies. There are a couple of exceptions, but for me, chocolate chip and sugar cookies especially must be soft. (No Chips Ahoy for me, thanks.) As long as they're soft, I pretty much like all chocolate chip cookies. However, I do like to try different recipes to find the one I like the best. This is my current favorite. I got this from my friends Missy and Kimi on their blog: http://ificould-ificould.blogspot.com/. (They have lots of other fun craft, sewing, and recipe ideas there as well.) I had never tried one that used oil along with butter before. It helps make them a little crisp on the outside, but nice and soft on the inside.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. oil
3/4 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
chocolate chips (I like lots of chocolate chips, so I use a whole 11-12 ounce bag)

Cream butter, oil, and sugars. (Really cream them, let your mixer go for a few minutes.)
Add eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients together and add to mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by spoon fulls on an ungreased cookie sheet (I use a cookie scoop), and bake at 375 for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment