Sunday, February 6, 2011

Mom's Pot Roast and Noodles

This is one of those classic recipes I have many memories of my mom making. She always makes it for Christmas Eve dinner. She also would make it a few times a year for Sunday dinner. I always loved coming home from church to the smell of this cooking. It's great, because it can cook all day in the crock pot, and I just have to make the noodles when I get home from work.

One boneless pot roast (I usually get a chuck roast, but other pot roasts should work)
1 envelope brown gravy mix
1 envelope onion soup mix
1 c. water

Place the above ingredients in a crock pot, and cook about 8 hours (can cook longer). (I always cook mine on low, but my mom had an older crock pot, and used high on hers.) When it's almost done cooking, cut into slices and pour juices over the top; this keeps it nice and juicy.

Noodles:

1 12 oz. package egg noodles
1 can cream of mushroom soup
About 3/4 of a pint size container of sour cream

Cook and drain noodles according to package directions. Add 1 cup or more juices from the roast, soup, and sour cream and stir until well mixed. Warm and serve.

Noodles:

No comments:

Post a Comment