Sunday, February 6, 2011

Chocolate Mint Brownies

This is one of my most requested recipes. I have a confession, however. I have tried several homemade brownie recipes, but they all turn out too cake-like for me. I prefer fudge-like brownies, and so far, haven't found a recipe I really like. So I pretty much always make brownies from a mix. My personal favorite is the Betty Crocker Triple Chocolate Chunk (the fudge like recipe, of course). I will provide the full recipe, but you can substitute any brownies you would like.

One more note...I also use this mint frosting with the Chocolate Bundt Cake recipe to make a tasty mint chocolate layer cake.

Chocolate Mint Brownies

1 c. flour
4 eggs
1 c. sugar
1 (6 oz.) can chocolate syrup
1/2 c. butter, softened

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine above ingredients. Pour into greased 9x13 pan. Bake 25-30 minutes until top springs up. Cool completely.

Now to the part of the recipe I actually use:

Mint cream center:

2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 c. softened butter
1 Tbsp. water
1 tsp. peppermint extract (or slightly more if desired)
few drops green food color

After brownies are cool, frost with green mint center frosting. Cool again in refrigerator while making chocolate topping.

Chocolate topping:

6 Tbsp. butter
1 c. chocolate chips

On low heat, melt chocolate chips and butter. Remove from heat; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Spread on top of cooled mint frosting and spread to edges. Cool again and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment