Saturday, February 5, 2011

Chocolate Bundt Cake

Speaking of chocolate cake, why not start with that? I owe my sister Kathy for introducing me to this recipe. It has actually become my go-to cake recipe. I've used it for 9x13 cakes, round cakes, etc. It works for any of them, I just vary the baking time a little. This recipe doesn't call for frosting. Even though it's good without, it's also very tasty with. I've made it into a mint chocolate layer cake, alternating mint and chocolate frosting between the layers. Yum! You can also use this basic recipe for other flavors of cake as well. For example, use a white cake mix and vanilla pudding mix, and leave out the chocolate chips.

I've tried making cakes completely from scratch several times, but they've always come out more dry than this one. So why bother baking from scratch when I can add a few ingredients to a cake mix and have a delicious dessert? Here's the recipe:

Chocolate Bundt Cake

1 box chocolate cake mix
1 small box instant chocolate pudding mix
4 eggs
1 c. sour cream
1/2 c. warm water
1/2 c. oil
1 1/2 c. chocolate chips

Grease and flour a bundt pan. Mix cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, water, and oil and beat well. Stir in chocolate chips. (Batter will be thick.) Pour into pan, and bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment