Monday, June 13, 2011

Luscious Lemon Cream

I didn't name this recipe. The word "luscious" is not really frequently a part of my vocabulary. This recipe is definitely tasty, but I guess "Tasty Lemon Cream" just wouldn't sound the same.
This isn't the healthiest of fruit dips, but it is oh so good. My nephew came back for more 3-4 times the last time I brought this to family dinner. He liked it best with strawberries. Raspberries and blueberries are my favorite, but honestly, I love it on all kinds of fruit. It needs a little bit of time to cool, but otherwise, it goes together pretty quickly. This serves quite a few, so if only serving 6-8, you can probably cut it in half.
Luscious Lemon Cream
2 eggs
1 c. sugar, divided
1/3 c. lemon juice (bottled works fine)
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/2 c. water
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. whipping cream, whipped
In bowl, beat together eggs, 1/2 c. of the sugar and lemon juice. In saucepan, combine remaining sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened; remove from heat. Gradually beat in egg mixture. Over low heat, cook and stir until slightly thickened. Add vanilla; cool. (I stick it in the fridge or freezer to speed up the process.) Fold in whipped cream. (I whip the cream while the lemon mixture is cooling.) Serve with fresh fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment