Monday, June 13, 2011

Peanut Butter Frosting

This is another one from the Barefoot Contessa. I've tried a few different peanut butter frosting recipes, and so far this is my favorite. I tried it on chocolate cupcakes, topped with a layer of chocolate ganache, and then this piped on the top. They were rich, but delicious.
Peanut Butter Frosting
1 c. powdered sugar
1 c. creamy peanut butter
5 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened (I just used salted because that's what I had)
3/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. kosher salt (regular salt should be just fine)
1/3 c. heavy cream (I just used regular, not heavy)
Place the powdered sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on medium-low speed until creamy, scraping down the bowl with a rubber spatula as you work. Add the cream and beat on high speed until the mixture is light and smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment