Sunday, October 16, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies Take Two

I have already posted one chocolate chip cookie recipe. However, I have to admit, I am continuously on the search for the "perfect" chocolate chip recipe. This is of course very subjective, so my perfect cookie may or may not be yours. However, I do think these are pretty darn good. I made them recently for my family, and my brother said they are the best he's ever had...so at least a couple of us like them!

These are very similar to my other recipe. However, I combined this with a few small changes from another recipe I tried. Here are the results:

Chocolate Chip Cookies (Take Two)

1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. oil
1 c. brown sugar (I prefer dark brown sugar in these)
1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 Tbsp. vanilla
3 c. flour (or slightly more if needed)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
chocolate chips (I use a 12 oz. bag)

Cream butter, oil, and sugars. (Thoroughly. Let the mixer run for a few minutes.) Add eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients and add to mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 375 for 9-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment